- Dig a hole roughly twice the width of the sapling’s root base, making it as deep as necessary to accommodate the length of the roots.
- Remove the container or basket containing the sapling, then use your hands to gently pull the roots apart.
- After placing the sapling, add the soil, lightly tamping or hand-packing it in to collapse any air pockets.
- Spread a layer of organic mulch on top, taking care to leave a few inches of space around the sapling’s trunk.
- If necessary, temporarily support the new tree with stakes, pounding them through the root ball and tying them loosely to the trunk.
Are you in need of professional stump removal? Is tree planting your next project? The certified arborists at Rivendell Tree Experts, based in Lehi, are here to meet all of your tree care needs. We offer free, no-obligation consultations and estimates – and we’re committed to both superb customer service and affordable tree services.
For more information, or to discuss Utah tree planting or stump removal with an experienced Utah arborist, contact us today.